Friday 28 November 2014

Overcoming fears to skydive for funds

Jumping from a plane at 11,000ft is a giant leap ... specially when you are terrified of heights.
Maxwell Reid, 18, is not letting his phobia get the better of him when he and his friend Ben Cheston (pictured below) take on a sponsored skydive for Happy House today.
Max and Ben, who are going out to Happy House to volunteer next month,  will be making their tandem skydives from the Black Knights Parachuting Centre, Lancashire..
Maxwell, who is in Sixth Form at Rossall School, visited Happy House with his parents, Jo and Peter, and brother Jacob in 2011.
Maxwell, from Lytham, said: " My family enjoyed getting involved with the sporting activities there and I realised these kids are just the same as us, they have a huge passion for sport and are very competitive.
"Volunteering is going to be an incredible and life-changing experience. I know that I will get as much, if not more, from it as I give.
"While I am there I will be working with the Happy House kids alongside the Happy House staff and teachers, helping where required.
"For me this skydive is a massive challenge. I find theme park rides scary enough and you’ll rarely find me in the queue!
"But it will be worth it, because it is for the Happy House"
 If you would like to donate to Max and Ben's fundraising effort please go to
https://www.justgiving.com/Max-Reid