Tuesday 19 May 2015

Boxing clever for Happy House

Our friend Chris Howard is on a new-found health regime to get fighting fit.
Chris, who lives in Dubai, has to shape up so that he can take part in a boxing match and is aiming to raise money for the Happy House in the process.
Chris and his family have been supporting Happy House for a number of years and visited on several occasions.
Both he and his son, Jack, have organised or taken part in events before to raise money for us and in the latest challenge, Chris is going us testing himself to the extreme on an eight week training programme.
"After 35 years of abusing my body I have decided to take part in the Lee Hurford Business Boxing Cup!
"First I must get fit through the training the programme at the Lee Hurford Boxing Academy to see if  I can make it to fight on the June 12.
"I am asking  all my friends , colleagues and family to support me in donating whatever they can  for the kids at the Happy House - a charity I and my family have supported for many years."
Chris, who started his training knowing he would have to shed nine kilos, is toughing it out through the training which also means giving up beer and McDonalds.
Good luck Chris, we know you can do it!
To support Chris please visit: https://www.justgiving.com/chrishoward-26/