Sunday 10 September 2017

My hobbies, by Mary

Scholarship student Mary Pendo is today's blogger and she tells us about some of her favourite activities.
I have a lot of interests and hobbies. I like to dance, play football, listen to music and to read story books.
Books are important t me because by reading I can improve my language skills and learn new words which will assist me when I am writing compositions.
Some of the story books I read have information which helps me to develop critical thinking and also to help me learn the pronunciation of new words
I like dancing so much because it helps me to exercise and it is also so entertaining. 

Please donate today

If it were not for Happy House, Mary would not be in school because of her family's poverty.
Her scholarship is giving her the opportunity to make something of her life and to discover her talents.
It is for young people like Mary that we must raise £7000 to build two classrooms on to our secondary school by January.

Please can you help?

A donation of any amount, no matter how small, will take us a step nearer our goal.

To donate online go to: https://www.justgiving.com/campaigns/charity/childrenofwatamu/classroomsforkids