Friday 30 January 2015

Happy House: An amazing place

Having a family of sponsors means so much to our children and brings them a feeling of friendship and love from beyond the Happy House.
Each sponsor is able to open a different window on the world for their special child by telling them about their home  and family life.
So it is it is wonderful for both child and sponsor when they get to meet. 
Susan James, who has just returned home to the USA after volunteering with our family, writes about meeting Saumu Safari, the little girl she has sponsored for the past three years.
"I was a joy to meet my sponsor child Saumu.
She is sven years old.
I specially enjoyed seeing her interactions at school, playing, at PE, and with her friends in the weeks I was at Happy House.  
It is an amazing children's home and school that is developing the children's life skills and social skills.
The older ones help greatly with the younger ones in all areas. They are well behaved in class and are learning all the subjects.  
 I see the progress in action and the hard work of the teachers.
 Since I am a substance abuse counselor I was asked to speak in class 7 .  I gave my talk on drugs and the dangers of drug abuse.
The children listened intently, asked intelligent questions, and took notes.  I used the board to make my illustrations.
  I enjoyed working in the garden and helping in any way, I love seeing things grow and then becoming food.
 I saw the new primary school being built and the progress they have made it should be done soon if not already.
 California is a very long way to go, but it was a trip well worth it.  I plan to come back, but next time  I hope to bring interested friends.
Sue and Dave keep up the wonderful work because it is paying off.
 Raise the Roof 
Every day brings us closer to getting the roof on our primary school completed, thanks to the amazing kindness of our friends.
We are now at 88% of our target just £442 away from raising the full £4,000 in less than two weeks.
Thank you to everyone who has donated so far. To help take us to our target you can donate online at https://www.justgiving.com/smiletiles/ or send a cheque made payable to Happy House to Elizabeth Gomm at 6 Burwood Drive Blackpool FY3 8NS.