Tuesday 16 November 2010

Cold day, warm hearts!

It was such a cold day yesterday, but there was a warm welcome, and some very warm hearts, to greet me when I went to talk about the Happy House to a ladies group at Elswick United Reformed Church, writes Elizabeth Gomm.
I'm still a bit nervous about giving talks but they were so kind I felt at home straight away, and they started their meeting with a hymn and prayer,which included a special mention for everyone at the Happy House and all those who help it other ways.
They were so interested in the inspiring story of Sue's work and loved all the photographs of our Happy House family and wanted to know all about our children.
At the end of my talk they made a donation of £120 which they had raised at coffee mornings and that plus a donation from one of the members and the proceeds of a bring and buy brought the total up to £180.
It was a really enjoyable afternoon for me and I'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone there for making me so welcome and for their very generous donation.
A special thank you, too, to the one man , a special guest at the meeting, Mr Jimmy Preston, who led the hymn singing with his splendid voice!