Saturday 4 April 2009

Helen Rigby and Phil Charnley


I was contacted recently by Helen Rigby and Phil Charnley, I thought I must share this email with everyone it is so kind.

Sue -
We live in Rochdale, Lancs. The wedding date is 20th June. We're having a traditional church wedding but the reception is being held in giant katas (wigwams) on top of the Pennines. We've lived together now for a couple of years, bought our house last year and have everything we need. I saw your appeal on Inside Out and knew I had to come and see for myself the work that you're doing. I've long since wanted to work for some sort of aid agency (having worked briefly with surgeons on an 'ear camp' in Nepal), and you've inspired me some more. Phil builds BMX tracks for a living, and was drawn to your bike brigade - he said that Watamu must be crying out for some dirt jumps!

We decided to honeymoon in Kenya and have asked our wedding guests to forgo buying us gifts in place of donating towards our trip of a lifetime and helping your Happy House kids. As a good friend said to me, when she offered to sponsor a child on our behalf;

"You and him have love and happiness, I can't buy you anything...but for a few quid a month I can help a little person, which will help the little person and make two people I love happy."

That made me cry!
We can't wait to come and meet the children in July :-)
Helen


We have received around 10 enquries from Helen & Phil's friends to arrange a monthly standing order to sponsor our Happy House Kids

Thank you all for caring.

Sue