Monday 14 January 2013

Always in my life and in my heart

Whether a child in need, or an adult volunteer, the Happy House magic weaves its way into so many lives.
Volunteer Adriana Prieto,  a graduate from Mexico, is finding her own life transformed by our children.
She writes:
There is no better way to start the new year than to be surrounded by angels.
I say angels because it is the perfect word to describe the Happy House kids.
My name is Adriana, I am 23 years  old, and from Mexico. I am a volunteer.
I arrived in Africa with the illusion of helping Kenyan children, to give them everything I could and the support to have a better future, However, I was in for a surprise. It is the children, the Happy House kids, who give me more.
Rose and Neema
Linus
From the moment you arrive they are welcoming with big smiles, anxious to play with you. It has only been one month since I started sharing my days with them, and until now they have taught me more than I could have imagined.
These kids are a testimony that working through order, discipline, education and LOVE, this world can be a better place.
Mariam
I want to invite all the people that are reading this, wherever they may be, to open their eyes and to feel the love of these children.
Please make 2013 the year that you knock on the door of the Happy House and give them your support.
I want to thank Mama Sue, Papa Dave and all the family for letting me be be a part of your team.
 From now on the Happy House is a part of my life, and of my heart.