Tuesday 9 February 2016

Karen's a barking success!

Badge of honour for Karen
Despite running against 46 mph winds along Southport's Shore Line, Mad Dog runner Karen Adamson made it to the finishing line spurred on by the money she was raising for Happy House.
Karen says: " I first heard about the Children of Watamu at Grace & Favour /Sewing sanctuary in Thornton when I joined them in making dresses for the girls at Happy House and then later on shorts for the boys. 
Jessica
" After following the wonderful work done by Mama Sue and Papa Dave I decided last year to sponsor one of the children. 
" I was delighted to be matched with Jessica especially as my youngest daughter is a similar age.
"I decided to run the Mad Dog 10k race in Southport to raise some money for the Happy House children and was really pleased to collect £237.00 plus gift aid in sponsorship. 
" The race was a tough one with 46mph winds against me for the first 4.5k but fortunately the sun shone and the rain stayed away."
Well done Karen, every penny you raised will make a difference to the lives of children and many thanks to everyone who sponsored you.