Friday 3 October 2014

Marathon milestones

Huge congratulations to Gemma Lockyer for completing the Berlin Marathon on Sunday.
It was Gemma's second marathon which she completed in five hours and five minutes and she was still smiling at the end as this picture with her dad, Paul, at the finishing line shows.
Thank you Gemma for making this huge effort to raise funds for our family, every penny will be well spent to help make life brighter for the 87 children in our family,
And thank you to everyone who supported her effort.
Just for the record,  Kenyan Dennis Kimetto clocked a world record 2 hours, 2 minutes, 57 seconds, to win the marathon becoming the third Kenyan to break the 26.2-mile mark in the German capital in the last four years.
"I think what really motivates me to be a fighter is the fact that I come from a humble background," Kimetto says. "I try to really make sure that I achieve my best so that I can assist my family." 
What a great role model for the kids in our own Happy House family!

Our Karembo in action