Kahonzi, eight, Randu, six, Pili and baby Beja, two, were brought home to us by social workers from Malindi Children's Office after they had been identified as being in need of care and protection.
Their elder brother, who has special needs and is severely traumatised, has been admitted to Good Life Children's Home, Mombasa.
The children's mum who is suffering from severe depression and unable to protect herself, or her children, from their violent father has been offered a home with relatives where she will be safe and has a chance to get well.
And once she is back on her feet and has a home of her own, she will be be reunited with her children once again.
For now, the children who have no birth certificates or other paperwork, have been welcomed into our family and will start school on Monday,
They will remain in our custody for just as long as they need to.
Please can you help Give a Child a Chance, by sponsoring a child TODAY.
To find out more go to: http://www.childrenofwatamu.net/school/scholarship-scheme
To set up your sponsorship online (£20 is the optimum amount):
- GO TO https://www.justgiving.com/donation/direct?process=1&queryId=YwBoAGEAcgBpAHQAeQA9ADEANAA5ADEANAA1AA
- SET UP YOUR MONTHLY PAYMENT, £20 is the optimum amount
- EMAIL YOUR JUSTGIVING CONFIRMATION to firstname.lastname@example.org along the following details: Name, address, postcode, telephone number, email address, date of first payment and amount.
- If you prefer to set up a standing order via your bank, or have any queries, please email email@example.com
- To make a donation: https://www.justgiving.com/childrenofwatamu/Donate https://www.justgiving.com/childrenofwatamu/Donate