Friday 2 September 2016

Jonny helps out

A student at Newcastle University, Jonathan Marden is spending four weeks of his break volunteering at Happy House
Jonny, 20, from Lytham St Annes, said: "When I go back I will be starting my third year at university studying geography. 
"While I am here in Watamu I am working with the kids at Happy House and also gathering  some information to aid my dissertation, which will make up a large proportion of my final degree mark. "
Jonny has been helping in with holiday sessions in the classroom, leading discussion groups, and also with games outside on the sportsfield.
" Since my arrival everyone has been extremely welcoming ," added Jonny.
Before he set out for Kenya Jonny. and his friends Max Reid (who arrives at Happy House tomorrow) and Sam Fletcher raise £670 from a sponsored hike along the Hellfire Mountain trail in Ireland.

To find out more about volunteering at Happy House please go to: http://www.childrenofwatamu.net/volunteer